Go Green With Aqua Serve!
Choosing Aqua Serve, and thereby eliminating the use of plastic bottles, is an environmentally sound decision.
Did you know that according to National Geographic’s Green Guide:
• Over the course of a year approximately 1.5 million barrels of oil - enough to run 100,000 cars for an entire year are used to make plastic water bottles, while transporting these bottles burns even more oil.
• The growth in bottled water production has increased water extraction in areas near bottling plants, leading to water shortages that affect nearby consumers and farmers. Additionally, millions of gallons of water are used in the plastic-bottle making process.
• The irony of bottled water is that it is marketed as clean and healthy when its production actually contributes to environmental degradation.
• Nearly 90 percent of water bottles are not recycled and wind up in landfills where it takes thousands of years for the plastic to decompose.
• Not only does bottled water create excessive waste, but it costs us a thousand times more than water from our tap.
• Water aside, the plastic used in clear plastic bottles can pose more of a contamination threat than the water itself. #1 plastic bottles containing polyethylene terephthalate (PET or PETE), the most common resin used to make these bottles, begin to degrade as they are reused, which they commonly are, and they can leach chemicals such as DEHA, a possible human carcinogen, benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), a hormone disrupter, and antimony, an elemental metal that is an eye, skin, and lung irritant.
Why risk your health and our environment by continuing to use bottled water? Take back the tap!
Please call us today to learn how you can Go GREEN with Aqua Serve.